Here is one of my favorite recipes that I have converted to a GAPS legal recipe. It takes very little prep and uses a lot of dehydrated goodies!
- 1 full cup of dehydrated cabbage
- 1 cup dehydrated carrots
- 1/2 cup dehydrated celery
- 1 -2 lb stewing beef
- 1 cup almond flour (aprox)
- 2 -3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/8 cup dehydrated minced onions
- 3 cup water
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes or homemade V8 vegetable juice (i’ve also just used pureed canned tomatoes)
- 1 bay leaf (dehydrated)
- 1/2 Tablespoon Oregano
- Salt and Pepper to taste (once it is cooked)
- Place oil in pan to heat, while dredging beef in flour.
- Lightly brown the beef on all sides.
- Place all ingredients in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours, or on low if you will be gone 8-9 hours.
Don’t be afraid to experiment! Any veggie could be throw in…broccoli, spinach, greens, cauliflower…just to name a few.